How do you handle criticism?
How do you create a personal filter that can accept criticism in a good way?
How can you use criticism to grow from it?
We talk about all that and more on this episode! We are going to share some embarrassing stories of feedback we have received and how we dealt with it. It was a fun episode and we hope it helps you learn how to take criticism and not only deal with it, but use it for good.
- Tell your employees what you expect from them and this will help them grow.
- We don’t have control over when we are going to get feedback, but we can control our reactions.
- Jordan’s proud that he won a coaches award back in middle school 😉 and Miranda’s new name for his is Mr. Coachable…
- We talk about mastering your own personal filter and how you can use it to deal with the types of feedback that attack your core. If the feedback stings you need to either accept it or reject it. Let it in and then deal with it.
- There will be times when your guard isn’t going to be and the words will sting, but learning to master your filter will help here.
- Anyone else like Settlers of Catan? Listen to the story of how Jordan gave Miranda cards in order to gain “goodwill” which means nothing.
- We talked a little bit about how to find out what’s valuable to your boss or coworker and you can get way ahead at work. Could be a whole other episode on this, so this was only just an intro.
- Ask questions and keep seeking if you want to grow.
Thanks for listening!
-Jordan and Miranda